Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Left-Handed Scissors

WHEW! I have been attempting to get left-handed straight edge scissors and left-handed thinning scissors since last January. I groom the dogs myself and have been struggling with using right-handed scissors, holding them upside down! LOL! I needed the left-handed thinners the most. I didn't want to spend $400 for the thinners but it turns out that I should have. I spent way more than that when it comes to emotional output AND dollars. I ordered both pair online from the same company. I received the straight edge pair in less than a week. There was no invoice or paperwork so I called the phone number provided online. All calls go to the owner's cellphone. He emailed the invoice that day. He also told me that the thinners were on the way. YAY! Oh, and the charge was put on my credit card immediately. After emails and phone calls, on my part, the owner stopped communicating with me. I was even nice and did not yell or cuss. My last email was giving him a specific date to either refund the money or send the thinners. No response. I turned him over to the Better Business Bureau of Winston-Salem, NC. Funny thing; 14 days later the owner called AND emailed me that I should have the thinners by the end of that week. They did not arrive (of course). However, I received the thinners yesterday!!!! In the meantime I had ordered another pair from a different company. I should received them in the next few days. I ended up spending over $500 for thinning scissors. *sigh* I have probably ordered hundreds of items online over the years. This experience has been the worst I have ever gone through. I am wondering what I learned and I am looking for the silver lining. I am also thanking God that the experience is over.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry it was such a hassle. Not fun. A strange coincidence, but my worst experience ever shopping online was also ordering scissors. Fortunantly, I now love the scissors, so hopefully you will enjoy yours as much!!!

    ReplyDelete