Sunday, March 8, 2009

Webster's Definition of Prolific

This is Webster's definition of Prolific:

"marked by abundant inventiveness or productivity"

It is also my definition of Paris' chewing. I thought our first Afghan Hound, Yassie, chewed a lot, but Paris is PROLIFIC.

She chews Kongs and poops them out. Bully sticks are like a nice, soft plush toy. Also to be pooped out. The real hard and difficult-to-chew toys aren't worth messing with. Did I mention how cute she is? Rope toys are made for her to eat and poop out. Nylabones are so boring that she just looks at them, looks at me, and says "grrrrrrr" with a smile. Boy is she a cutie. Have I mentioned the corner of my kitchen cupboard is chewed? Have I mentioned that she also chewed two corners of my baseboards? I thought she was being a good girl laying/lying in the doorway between the kitchen and dining room chewing on a toy. Nope.

Kelly & Jennifer: Are you laughing? I think you are because you own Paris' ancestors and you've been through this. And I KNOW that Robin and Jeff are laughing. No wonder I have a headache. I can't remember if I mentioned how much I love Paris and how cute she is.

3 comments:

  1. LOLOL. I don't think Chloe was a chewer as a puppy, but I know that Halo and his litter sister, Jasmine, who I own, both went through a HORRIBLE chewing stage at this age. They were such naughty little puppies, always getting in to trouble. They did grow out of it, so there is hope.

    I have to say, though, that my only dog who has managed to chew up a kong is my liver roan girl, Mocha, who still chews like crazy, but usually only on appropriate items.

    Good luck. I am sure the next few months will be a challenge, but enjoy them as she will be all grown up before you know it (-:

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a naughty little chewer you have. I do have to say Halo has been my worst chewer, so I know what you are going through. Thankfully he never resorted to chewing walls or cabinets though. LOL

    Chloe also loved to chew as a puppy, but she was much more appropriate about what she chewed on. Still to this day a stuffed toy will not last longer than 5 seconds before it has a hole in it and there is stuffing all over my floor. Even those "indestructible" ones are no match for my little 26lb cocker spaniel.

    They both have strong jaws. Kelly tells me bully sticks last days at her house and I'm lucky if they occupy mine for an hour before they're gone. Luckily kongs don't get chewed at my house because my dogs think they are stupid toys that are only worth while if your mom has stuffed yummy canned food inside for you to lick out.

    Good luck with your little chewer. The inappropriate chewing should go away, but Paris will probably have strong jaws for life like her mom and dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is VERY naughty, Jennifer! It sounds like she inherited the chewing. She also digs. A lot. She was digging up rose bushes last fall. I think that's why I love her so much. I gave her a bully stick this morning and it was gone so fast I thought she lost it! The best thing is a cow hoof, but they only last about 6 hours. Thanks for leaving a comment. Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete