Sunday, January 18, 2009

Training Class

Paris is now in a regular training class. It is a six week session and her first class was yesterday afternoon. There are 11 other dogs in her class. She is the cutest and the best. Yesterday we worked on having our dog walk next to us...NOT AHEAD. I am the pack leader...not Paris. She also learned to sit at my side when I stop walking; she picked up on that very fast. We also worked on her not bolting out of an open door. She was on a leash, I opened the door, and she went out the door. So I say "no", pull her back and say "come". The second time I opened the door, she just stood there and looked up at me. The instructor asked if we had worked on that at her private lesson 2 days earlier. I said "No...she is an english cocker!"

When this session is done, I want to take her to a Rally class. Then I will take Frasier to the class Paris is currently taking. Frasier had private lessons only last year and I really think he will do better in a class with other animals.

1 comment:

  1. Cori, I am just now catching up on reading your blog. I am SO GLAD you and Paris are in a regular class. I am sure she is brilliantly intelligent (-: Glad to hear that your class is going well. I really like classes with other dogs as it is nice to have the distractions in place while you are training.

    ReplyDelete