Monday, March 30, 2009

Frasier Starts School

It is now Frasier's turn to go to school. It is a six-week class held on Saturday afternoons. We have been to 2 classes. Frasier learns things quickly and is very eager to please. But then aren't all English Cockers? I have to be extremely careful when working with him. If I show any sign of impatience or stress, Frasier feeds right off of me. He shakes and things just go bad for him. Kelly, Paris & Frasier's breeder, suggested that I read a book written by Tamar Geller, "The Loved Dog". I was lucky enough to receive the book 2 days before the 2nd training class. It is wonderful and packed full of ideas and suggestions. My friend, Robin, also told me to lighten up :-). So, I cooked a chicken breast, worked on MY attitude, off we went to our 2nd class this past Saturday. The difference was incredible. Frasier and I had fun. YAY Frasier!!!

Doesn't everyone have goofy names they call their dogs? I know Kelly has blogged about this in the past. Oh, and Robin has goofy names for her crew too. We can't be the only ones! I named Paris after Paris, France. Then I started calling her P. France. She wiggles her tail like crazy! Then I am ashamed to confess that I started calling her P.P. Oh my gosh...wiggle, wiggle. I will end the story by telling you that P.P. changed to Pee Pee LaPew. *wiggle wiggle*

I love it when I look outside and see Frasier and Paris side-by-side. They are best friends. Earlier today I looked outside and they had discovered a piece of carpet just the right size in a spot of sun. :-) The picture follows.

Pee Pee LaPew and Frashey

1 comment:

  1. I love it... Pee Pee La Pew. She would fit right in with my crew (-:

    ReplyDelete