Friday, January 9, 2009

First Post!

I love my English Cocker Spaniels so much that I decided that I should blog about them. I got Frasier, Calypso's Elixir of Youth, on August 25, 2007. He was almost 10 months old and had been returned to the breeder by his first owner. It was only 2 1/2 weeks after my 14 year old Afghan Hound died. Frasier saved my life! He was the perfect puppy for me. He is still perfect. He never dug, chewed, or caused problems. Then I got Paris, Calypso Kiss 'n Tell, on September 12, 2008. She was 8 weeks old. She is a hellion! Most of my family and friends think she is good for me because she keeps me on the go. Paris chews everything she can get her mouth around. She digs through snow and dirt. She is so cute that I have only been angry at her once! They are both red in color. They are extremely smart and active. Paris is definitely going to go to school. Frasier attended a few times last year and I couldn't believe how quickly he learns. I will take both of them to school in 2009.
We recently received 77.8 inches of snow. Both dogs absolutely love the snow. Paris brings ice and snow into the house to eat...she races past me like she has a bundle of gold and heads for the doggy bed in the living room to munch.
Those of you who know me well know that I haven't driven in snow and ice for 2 years. This has nothing to do with the dogs, but I need to put it in writing that I am driving this year! I have 2 great vehicles; both are 4-wheel drive. The Envoy has studded snow tires and handles perfectly. I'm sure the truck would too, but it just has all-season tires. Ohhh yeah. I feel like I am living again. Oh what a feeling.

Frasier - Calypso's Elixir of Youth

Paris - Calypso Kiss 'n Tell

No comments:

Post a Comment